We are at mid-November with less than a month to go in the Fall semester and two months before the Spring semester!
Registration is on-going for both Spring and Summer. Once a class is filled and has a wait list, no overrides will be given. About 80% of students have registered for the Spring Semester. If you haven’t registered, please do so right away….
• Be aware that there are multiple screen pages for registration.
• Registration shows the number of seat available; some folks interpret this the wrong way.
• Do not overbook classes, please (that is, don’t register for more than you plan to take).
• All Web2 students should be able to register in Web5 sections now (as well as Web5 in Web2 sections).
• We have the Spring and Summer courses linked at https://odu.edu/mpa.
• Please take a mix of core and electives. This will settle out a lot better than taking all of your core classes and then hoping that the elective(s) you want will be available.
• Classes have a “total cap” for enrolled students. For example, a section of an online or streaming course may have room in its cap, but the class may be filled in terms of the total cap.
• Summer 2021 – Don’t forget that you can register now.
• See where you stand with courses at DegreeWorks.
MPA Orientation will be live/streaming on Wednesday, January 6th. The link to Zoom is provided at http://odu.edu/mpa.
University New Graduate Student Orientation will be available as a Blackboard event starting on January 4, 2021. Students that have holds on their account will not be able to access Blackboard until those holds are removed. However, the Graduate School will keep the event open for the entire Spring 2021 semester. They will be sending out invitations to students by Friday, November 13, 2020. However, the RSVP is https://bit.ly/GSOSPR2021
For current or new students: please read (and re-read): https://odu.edu/business/departments/sps/academics/mpa/new-mpa-student-info. This will answer a lot of on-going questions.
Dannetta Townsend – an MPA grad – is listed as Top 40 Under 40 in The Virginian-Pilot’s Inside Business: https://www.pilotonline.com/inside-business/special-reports/vp-ib-top-forty-townsend-1012-20201012-jk4ig2pexnbrnm4jlici7473em-story.html