This syllabus is intended to introduce trombone/euphonium students to their course of studies at Old Dominion University and should be understood as required criteria for degree seeking students. The following material serves five purposes:
1. Define the basic philosophy of trombone/euphonium studies at Old Dominion University.
2. Indicate the level of achievement needed by entering Freshmen for admission into a program of study leading to Baccalaureate Degrees in Music at Old Dominion University.
3. Define entrance and exit competency requirements for each level of private studio and class instruction, and by so defining,
4. Indicate the level of achievement required of the transfer and graduate student.
5. Give the student general guidelines to make him aware of standards expected in the musical community and to make trombone/euphonium studies at ODU as profitable as possible.